Saturday, December 28, 2013

Post-Holiday Ramblings

I have come to the determination that if it isn't one thing, it's another.  I sometimes feel like no matter how far ahead I get, there's always gonna be huge obstacles that get thrown at me.  Yes, that's right, I feel like the obstacles aren't just laid in my path where I walk up on them and have the time and energy to figure out how to best approach them.  Instead, the obstacles are chucked at me at full speed and I'm left to make a quick decision to either dodge or attempt to catch the obstacle and wrangle it to its weakest point.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not complaining here about my life.  I'm not the "woe is me" type.  Yes, I have my bad days, but (in general), I prefer to be optimistic and look at the bright side of things.  The great news is that things could be worse than they are.  The bad news is that it doesn't make the obstacles that are before me currently any smaller to think that way.

Listen, I'm not gonna sit and pretend like luck is gonna save my ass.  To be honest, I think that there's a lot to be said for God blessings, luck and karma playing a part in people's lives.  I'm also not gonna be as head strong as some and say that you make your own luck.  Ummmm no, you don't.  You can put out all the positive in the world and still get back negative.  You can do your very best day after day and you're still gonna have sacrifice in some area of your life to gain in another.  I think it all comes down to balance and positive thinking.  Worrying is like a rocking chair (or so the expression goes). 

Think positive and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment