Saturday, December 21, 2013

Unexpected Blessings

You never truly know the answer to something until you try.  The fact is that you can find some truly unexpected blessings if you're willing to take that first small step in faith.  Case in point, I had a gift that needed to be mailed.  This gift was frustratingly late for what I had wanted it to be.  I'd ordered it way in advance and it had taken forever to arrive and then I just didn't have a chance to get it sent which frustrated me even further.  I truly wanted this special little guy to receive his gift on time and it broke my heart that I didn't think he'd get it before Christmas.

Lo and behold, I bit the bullet and asked his mom (when I found out that the little guy was in town) if we were gonna be able to just deliver his gift.  I didn't want to impose on their family time but I definitely did want to send this off late either.  I figured I'd throw up a hail mary and see if I could get it to him on time.

Instead, a huge blessing came into play.  Not only did I get the info to get him his present but we got to have a special sleepover night too.  We got to eat pizza and banana splits and make ornaments and set up the Christmas train.  It was a truly magical night for all of us and I'm so thankful.  Blessings come in unexpected places and I've been so focused on the stress in one area of my life that I didn't even realize how big of a blessings I could be blessed with in a completely different area.

No comments:

Post a Comment