Saturday, May 21, 2016

I Finally Went to the Dentist

I'm willing to admit defeat in my fear of the dentist.  As I went in yesterday to have a wisdom tooth extracted AND a filling done, I was more anxious than I've been in awhile.  I'll admit, the idea of the needle in my mouth put my heart rate at a pounding pace and I couldn't stop crying for a couple of minutes.  I've gotten over a fear of having blood drawn, finger pricks for blood sugar and IVs but the needle going near my very sensitive teeth was overwhelming.

However, my dentist was a saint.  His level of patience was amazing.  He talked me through everything and the entire process was not that bad at all. I confess that all of my fear amounted to nothing.  Both processes went very easy.  Most honestly, I am recovering from this at a much easier rate than I suspected.  I have very minimal pain and I'm so amazingly grateful.  No swelling, either!

So to the dentist at Comfort Dental in Belmar (Lakewood, CO), I give HUGE props for your patience with me.  I will definitely recommend you to anyone who would listen.  Dr Flood is a saint and I'm so grateful to him!

If you're concerned with getting dental work done, please give a great dentist a chance.  It might not be nearly as bad as you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment