Saturday, January 9, 2016

Serial Pinner

Not every post has to be serious and thinking.  Since it's Saturday and the lottery jackpot is up to 800 million, I decided to do something fun today.

I admit it.  I'm a serial pinner.  I love my Pinterest page.  It's a great time waster when I'm sitting in the carpool lane and I have found a number of great ideas.  With that said, I found myself pinning way too may recipes and never using them.  One of my goals for the month was to try some of the recipes and delete them if I won't use them.  It's been quite a process.  In doing this little project, I have found that I can weed through some of the recipes without even looking. Here are some of my personal criteria.

1.  Casserole recipes designed to be main dishes should save money.  That means if it uses the exact quantities of ingredients that I'd use to make meatball subs as meatball sub casserole, I'm just making the subs. 

2.  As much as I love "exotic" dessert recipes to try, if it requires me to use an ingredient I can't find in a normal grocery store OR if it requires me to flambe it, I'm not interested.  I'm more of a keep it simple kinda gal.

3.  If the pin is title something like "50 cake recipes you'll love", I'm not even bothering.  Chances are, I won't take the time to read through the recipes anyway.  If I do, I just want the one or two cake recipes I like, not all 50.

4.  Low fat recipes.  Okay so this is my a personal preference.  Whenever I see the word "diet" on a recipe, I think "chemical shitstorm."  If it says low fat, it's likely to include diet products.  I'm not interested in putting that into my body.

5.  Cheese smothered in cheese with more cheese.  No, I don't need this.  I'm all for cheese but if unless this is a macaroni and cheese recipe, it's not worth it.

From one serial pinner to another, may the pins be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment